Grilled fish with a citrusy relish of peppers and tomatoes makes the perfect main course for summer get-togethers.
Grilled Fish with Tomato-Jalapeño Relish
Makes 6 servings
- 3 sheets aluminum foil
- 2 large grouper, snapper, or other firm-flesh white fish fillets, approximately 3 pounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Tomato-Jalapeño Relish (recipe follows)
- Heat grill over high heat (400º to 450º); scrape grill with grill brush. Place aluminum foil over grill. Close lid, and allow grill to heat to 500º.
- Place fish fillets on paper towels, and pat dry. Rub with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove foil from grill. Lower heat to medium-high (350º to 400º). Dip a folded paper towel into vegetable oil. Using tongs, lightly brush the paper towel from the back of grill to front of grill (being careful not to burn yourself). Repeat 3 times.
- Place fish on grill skin side up. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn fish over; cover, and cook 5 to 8 minutes more or until fully cooked. Serve Tomato-Jalapeño Relish over fish.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!