Drizzled with honey and sprinkled with sea salt, mint, and chili powder, this assortment of grilled melon slices creates a delicious summer side dish.
- 1 (4-pound) small seedless ripe watermelon
- 1 (3-pound) small ripe honeydew
- 1 (4-pound) small ripe cantaloupe
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: chili powder
- Cut watermelon in half crosswise. Place each half, cut side down, and cut into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Cut honeydew and cantaloupe in half crosswise. Remove seeds and loose pulp. Place each half cut side down, and cut into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Lightly oil grill rack of an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan. Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°) or heat grill pan over high heat. Working in batches, grill melon slices until lightly charred and slightly warmed, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large platter. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with sea salt and mint leaves. Garnish with chili powder, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!