This cheesy Grilled Mozzarella-Basil Ciabatta is perfect for your favorite seasonal spreads. From pastas to salads, this bread adds to any menu.
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella, shredded
- 8 ounces whole-milk mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut ciabatta in half horizontally. Gently tear out center of loaf, leaving ½ to 1 inch of bread shell intact.
- In a medium bowl, combine smoked mozzarella, whole-milk mozzarella, mayonnaise, and garlic salt. Press gently into hollow center of bread. Wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (approximately 350° to 400°). Remove plastic wrap, and place bread, cheese side up, on grill over indirect heat. Cook until cheese has melted, 4 to 7 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes. Top with fresh basil. Cut into slices to serve.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!