Serve the grilled shrimp and vegetables over herbed orzo, rice, or couscous to make a complete summer meal.
Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
Makes 2 servings
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (1-inch pieces) red onion
- 1 cup (1-inch pieces) zucchini
- Garnish: lemon slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, basil, and mustard. In a slow steady stream, whisk in oil. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp, tomatoes, red onion, and zucchini. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Place wooden skewers in enough water to cover; soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Drain shrimp mixture, discarding marinade. Thread onion, tomatoes, zucchini, and shrimp onto skewers.
- Arrange skewers on grill, and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!