Grilled Sweet Potato Slices with Mint Chimichurri is a great summer side dish!
Grilled Sweet Potato Slices with Mint Chimichurri
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise, about ¼ inch thick
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 1 cup oil, parsley, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, garlic, salt, red pepper, and oregano. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium-high heat until smoking. Brush both sides of sweet potato slices with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill sweet potato slices for 3 minutes per side. Serve with chimichurri.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!