Grilled Tomato-Zucchini Skewers are simple appetizers to prepare during the summertime.
Grilled Tomato-Zucchini Skewers
Makes 24 skewers
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 24 (4-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water overnight
- 2 medium or large zucchini, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe follows), to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives, black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat (350°).
- Thread one tomato onto one skewer. Thread one end of one zucchini ribbon next to tomato, letting ribbon hang down. Thread another tomato on the skewer. Fold same zucchini ribbon over tomato, snaking ribbon between tomatoes. Repeat with remaining tomatoes, skewers, and zucchini ribbons.
- Grill tomato skewers, cooking on each side just until grill marks form, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing. Garnish with chives and black pepper, if desired.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, sugar, black pepper, and hot sauce. Whisk until mixture is well combined and starts to thicken slightly.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place mayonnaise mixture and 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles. Pulse until blue cheese is well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture to mixing bowl. Stir in fresh chives and remaining 6 ounces blue cheese crumbles to combine. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!