Celebrate the flavor of summer with Grilled Vegetable Packets. Eggplant, yellow squash, asparagus, and red bell peppers create a delicious side dish for spring and summer recipes.
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coarse-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 2 yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, sliced
- 1 lemon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, and vinegar. Slowly add olive oil, whisking to combine. Add salt and pepper, whisking well.
- Divide vegetables between 2 (1-gallon) resealable bags. Pour honey mixture evenly over vegetables. Refrigerate for 4 hours, turning halfway through.
- Tear 5 (12-inch) pieces aluminum foil. Evenly divide vegetables into 5 portions, and place in center of each piece of foil. Pull sides of foil over vegetables, and fold over to hold together. Fold ends of foil in toward packet to seal.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (approximately 350° to 400°).
- Cook vegetables over indirect heat until desired degree of doneness is reached, 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze lemon over vegetables before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!