This Haricots Verts with Prosciutto and Pine Nuts dish is a great seasonal side.
Haricots Verts with Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds haricots verts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4-ounce) package prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a Dutch oven, place haricots verts and enough boiling salted water to cover; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add prosciutto; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until crispy. Remove prosciutto from skillet, reserving drippings in pan. To skillet, add vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and haricots verts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Top with prosciutto and pine nuts.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/