Savor the flavor of summer with an easy-to-make Heirloom Tomato and Herb Tart.
Heirloom Tomato and Herb Tart
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 pound assorted small to medium heirloom tomatoes, cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices, seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package garlic and herbs cheese*, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Garnish: finely shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh oregano leaves, fresh rosemary, chopped green onion
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Arrange tomatoes on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Thoroughly pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line another rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry and roll into a 13×10-inch rectangle. Using a small sharp knife, score a ¾-inch border around rectangle; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together softened cheese, green onion, and Parmesan. Using a small offset spatula, gently spread cheese mixture over pastry, staying within border.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oregano, oil, and rosemary; add tomatoes, tossing to combine. Arrange tomatoes over cheese mixture, overlapping slightly if needed. Brush egg over pastry border.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Garnish with Parmesan, oregano, rosemary, and green onion, if desired.
*We used Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Gournay Cheese.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!