This Heirloom Tomato and Ribbon Zucchini Tart with Purple Basil, Oregano, and Rosemary makes a delightful appetizer.
Heirloom Tomato and Ribbon Zucchini Tart with Purple Basil, Oregano, and Rosemary
Makes 8 servings
- ½ (16-ounce) package frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 to 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch fresh purple basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough on prepared pan; brush lightly with oil. Top with another sheet of phyllo dough; brush lightly with oil. Repeat procedure until all phyllo sheets are used.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, goat cheese, and egg. Spread cheese mixture onto dough, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides. Top with sliced tomatoes and zucchini ribbons. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and flaky, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; top with basil, oregano, and rosemary. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your
Southern Lady subscription today!