Herb Cheese Bread
Write a review
- Yield: 1 large loaf or 4 small loaves.
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray one 9x5-inch loaf pan or four 6x3x2-inch loaf pans with vegetable spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, and olive oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, minced onion, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, and basil. Stir in Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and stir, blending well.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 45 to 65 minutes, depending on size of pan. Remove from pan, and let cool on a wire rack.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/