Made with garden-fresh ingredients and garnished to perfection, these dainty chicken salad tea sandwiches will be the star of a springtime get-together.
Herbed Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- Garnish: thinly sliced cucumber, chive
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, green onion, tarragon, dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken, raisins, and almonds, stirring to combine.
- Spread a thick, even layer of chicken salad onto 5 bread slices. Evenly divide cucumber slices among bread slices. Top each with remaining bread slice. Using a bread knife, cut crust from bread; discard. Cut each sandwich into 3 rectangular shapes.
- Garnish each tea sandwich with thinly sliced cucumbers, or wrap each with a chive, if desired.