Gussied up with fresh chives, cilantro, and dill, these Herbed Deviled Eggs complement party menus and holiday feasts.
Herbed Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 servings
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs, fresh chive pieces
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover eggs with water by 3 inches. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 2 minutes. Cover, and remove from heat. Let eggs rest for 10 minutes.
- Drain and peel eggs. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, and place in a medium bowl. Reserve whites. Add sour cream and mayonnaise to yolks. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add chives, cilantro, dill, and salt, stirring well.
- Spoon yolk mixture into reserved halved egg whites. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with dill sprigs and chive pieces just before serving, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!