These delicate Herbed Lemon Butter Beans are full of flavor from fresh lemon juice, shallots, parsley, mint, and olive oil.
Herbed Lemon Butter Beans
Makes 6 servings
- 1½ pounds fresh or thawed frozen butter beans
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- In a large stockpot, bring beans, salt, bouillon granules, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, stir together beans, lemon zest and juice, oil, shallot, parsley, and mint.