These festive Holiday Funfetti Cookies are delicious!
Holiday Funfetti Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ cups red and green sprinkles, divided
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Cookie Frosting (recipe follows)
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, and extracts at medium-high speed with a mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, and beat to combine.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisktogether flour, salt, and baking powder. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat to combine. Add 1 cup sprinkles, and beat until combined.
- Roll dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut as many cookies as possible, rerolling scraps until all dough is used.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to let cool completely.
- Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons frosting onto each cookie; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup sprinkles. Allow frosting to set. Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar or water as needed to reach desired consistency.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!