This Honey Apricot Glazed Ham is flavorful main infused with fresh thyme, apricot preserves, honey, and Dijon mustard.
Honey Apricot Glazed Ham
Makes approximately 8 to 12 servings
- 1 (8- to 9-pound) bone-in smoked ham (not sliced)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a sharp knife, lightly score outside of ham. (To score, make shallow diamond shaped cuts across the surface.) Rub olive oil and ground pepper over ham. Place ham on rack of a large roasting pan. Pour water and wine into bottom of pan; add thyme and bay leaves. Cover pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. In a small bowl, stir together apricot preserves and remaining ingredients.
- Uncover ham, and bake until a meat thermometer registers 160° and ham is caramelized, 1 to 2 hours more. Baste every 30 minutes with apricot mixture. (Tent ham with foil to prevent excessive browning.) Remove from oven; transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving.