These Honey-Glazed Brussels Sprouts with shallots, red pepper, and parsley pair well with any main course.
Honey-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅔ cup sliced shallots (about ¼ inch thick)
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- Garnish: chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together Brussels sprouts, oil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Bake until Brussels sprouts are barely tender, about 8 minutes. Add shallot and garlic to pan, stirring to coat. Bake until shallots and garlic are just soft, about 6 minutes more.
- Drizzle honey over vegetables, stirring to coat. Bake until honey is thin and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes more. Pour vinegar over vegetables, stirring with wooden spoon to combine and loosen any bits on bottom of pan. Bake until sauce has thickened and slightly reduced, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Stir mixture and transfer to serving dish. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!