This delightful Hot Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect addition to your Christmas menu.
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes 1 (9-inch) Cake
- 1½ cups finely ground chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ cup chopped 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups sour cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: marshmallow crème, marshmallows, confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, ¼ cup granulated sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until dry, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 275°. 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and cream. Microwave on high in 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth (about 40 seconds total).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1½ cups granulated sugar, beating until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, sour cream, cocoa, vanilla, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt; beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add chocolate mixture, beating just until combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until top appears dry and center is slightly jiggly, about 2 hours and 15 minutes. Turn oven on, and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack. Let cool at room temperature for 20 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours or overnight. Remove from pan. Garnish with marshmallow crème, marshmallows, and confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!