Put a new spin on a classic cold weather beverage. Try our decadent Hot Chocolate Floats.
Hot Chocolate Floats
Makes about 8 servings
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate bar, chopped
- ½ cup milk chocolate morsels
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: chocolate curls
- In a large saucepan, bring milk, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt to a simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Whisk in chocolates until smooth. Divide hot chocolate among 8 serving glasses. Top each with 1 small ice cream scoop. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: Omit ice cream for a great classic hot chocolate.