Chicken, Mushroom and Swiss Cheese Quiche
Write a review
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Unroll piecrust onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Place in a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, onion, and mushrooms until tender. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a medium bowl, leaving as much oil in pan as possible.
- Add diced chicken to pan, and cook until lightly browned; remove from pan, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, dry mustard, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble quiche, sprinkle 1 cup cheese over bottom of prepared crust. Layer chicken and vegetable mixture on top of cheese. Pour egg mixture over chicken and vegetables. Top with remaining 1 /2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/