These savory Hummus Bites with Olive Salad are a refreshing appetizer perfect for casual entertaining.
Hummus Bites with Olive Salad
Makes about 30
- 1 cup drained and chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- ½ cup drained and chopped sliced black olives
- ½ cup drained and chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 3 tablespoons drained and chopped capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (1.9-ounce) boxes frozen phyllo shells, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) container prepared hummus
- Garnish: quartered cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, stir together olives, peppers, capers, parsley, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- On a large serving plate, arrange phyllo shells. Spoon about 1 teaspoon hummus into each shell. Top with about 2 teaspoons olive salad. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley, if desired. Serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate any remaining olive salad and hummus for up to 1 week.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!