A double punch of creamy goodness, in the form of cream cheese and mascarpone cheese, makes this dessert delectably rich.
Icebox Mocha Tart
- 1 (9-ounce) box chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Garnish: chopped chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Remove sides from an 8½-inch round springform pan. Place a sheet of waxed paper over bottom, leaving an overhand; lock sides onto bottom, firmly securing paper. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, process chocolate wafer cookies until finely ground.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter. Firmly press crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth (about 1½ minutes total).
- In a small bowl, combine water and espresso powder, stirring until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add melted chocolate and espresso mixture, beating until well combined. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into springform pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Before serving, release sides of pan. Carefully transfer tart to a serving platter. Garnish with chocolate-covered espresso beans, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!