Drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with toasted almonds, these Irish Cream Brownies will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Irish Cream Brownies
Makes about 24
- 1 cup butter
- 2 (4-ounce) bars unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, divided
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) package semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with baking spray with flour.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and unsweetened chocolate; cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat 5 eggs, 2 cups granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate mixture. Reserve 1 cup batter in a small bowl. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining 1 egg, remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar, and remaining ¼ cup Irish cream liqueur with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Dollop cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Spoon reserved 1 cup chocolate mixture over cream cheese mixture, swirling batter with a knife.
- Bake until center of brownies are set, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, remove brownies from pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine semisweet chocolate and cream; cook over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until chocolate is firm. Cut into rectangles before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!