Jacko’s Spicy Cheddar Pecan Bites
Author: Lela Gerald of Jacko’s Pepper Jelly
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (9-ounce) jar Jacko’s Pepper Jelly*, any flavor
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped or whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting ends extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in Cheddar. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chives, ½ teaspoon salt, and cayenne, if using. Using a spoon, stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Using hands, knead mixture until a dough is formed.
- Press dough into prepared pan. Prick top with a fork at ½-inch intervals. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Using a small offset spatula or spoon, spread pepper jelly on top, leaving a ¼-inch border. Sprinkle with pecans and additional salt. Bake 15 minutes more. Let cool completely. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan and cut into squares to serve.
*We used Tart Cherry Apricot.