Chickpeas, jalapeño slices, garlic, cilantro, and fresh lemon and lime juice combine to create a delicious seasonal hummus.
Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus with Cheese Crisps
Makes 2 cups
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ to 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cheese Crisps (recipe follows)
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place chickpeas, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, ¼ cup water, tahini paste, oil, lemon juice, lime zest and juice, cumin, salt, and pepper; process until smooth. Serve with Cheese Crisps. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- 1½ cups packed shredded Asiago cheese
- ½ cup packed shredded Gruyère cheese
- ½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1½ tablespoons chia seeds
- 1½ tablespoons flaxseeds
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together all ingredients. Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, scoop cheese mixture and shape into rounds. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pan.
- Bake until almost golden in center, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!