Kabocha Squash Crostini
Makes about 30
- 1 (2½- to 3-pound) Kabocha squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 1 (4-ounce) log goat cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together squash, 2 tablespoons oil, Italian seasoning, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Spread into an even layer on one prepared sheet.
- Bake until squash is tender and browned on edges, about 25 minutes.
- On second prepared sheet, place bread rounds in an even layer. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 teaspoon pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Using a pastry brush, brush oil mixture on top of bread rounds.
- Bake until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine squash mixture and goat cheese until just smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Dollop 1 tablespoon squash purée on each crostini. Drizzle with sour cream mixture. Garnish with dried cranberries, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!