These Lamb and Sweet Potato Kebabs feature the delicious flavors of fall.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Kebabs
Makes 12 appetizer-size portions or 4 entrée-size portions
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, thickly sliced
- 32 (4-inch) skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Tzatziki Sauce (recipe follows)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add lamb; seal bag, turning to combine. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well, and let cool for 20 minutes. In a medium bowl, toss together sweet potato, bell pepper, red onion, ¼ cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Remove lamb from bag, discarding marinade. Thread lamb and vegetables onto skewers.
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Place skewers on grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until lamb reaches desired degree of doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Season well with salt and pepper.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!