These Lemon Cheesecake Squares are perfect for spring and summer menus.
Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup finely chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, fresh raspberries, lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour and confectioners’ sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; stir in cashews. Press mixture into bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and ½ cup granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add milk and lemon extract, beating until well combined; pour over crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, lemon zest and juice, and remaining 1¾ cups sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together baking powder and remaining ¼ cup flour; add to sugar mixture, whisking to combine. Pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky, about 40 minutes. Cut into squares. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, raspberries, and zest, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!