A classic crumble topping adds a sweet, rich finish to these tangy bar cookies.
Lemon Crumble Bars
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- For crust: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and oats. With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating to combine. (Mixture will be crumbly.)
- Firmly press three-quarters of crust mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. Let cool.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, condensed milk, zest, and juice. Pour over cooled crust. Top with remaining crust mixture.
- Bake until center is just set, approximately 25 minutes. Let cool completely. To serve, cut into bars.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/