Orzo salad with fresh herbs, seasonal vegetables, feta cheese, and a hint of citrus is a delightful accompaniment.
Lemon-Herb Orzo Salad
Makes 12 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package orzo
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) packages crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 (5.5-ounce) jar pitted Castelvetrano olives, drained and halved
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs, ground black pepper, lemon zest
- Cook orzo al dente according to package directions. Rinse orzo under cold water to stop cooking process, and drain.
- Place orzo in a large bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in cheese, bell pepper, zucchini, olives, and onion until well combined.
- For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in remaining ½ cup oil until well combined. Stir in parsley, dill, and chives.
- Add dressing to orzo, tossing until well combined. Garnish with dill, pepper, and zest, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
KITCHEN TIP: To make this delicious orzo salad a heartier main dish, add 2 pounds cooked scallops or peeled deveined fresh shrimp.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!