This Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Pasta is a light and filling main dish.
Lemon Shrimp with Asparagus and Pasta
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine, cooked according to package directions,
- 1 cup pasta water reserved
- Seared Shrimp and Asparagus (recipe follows)
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper; cook for 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon zest and juice; cook for 3 minutes. Gradually add cheese, oregano, parsley, salt, and black pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Add cooked pasta and enough reserved pasta water to make a thin sauce. Add Seared Shrimp and Asparagus; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Seared Shrimp Shrimp and Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (1-pound) bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add half of shrimp to skillet; cook until pink and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp. Add asparagus to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!