Linguini with Veggies
Write a review
- Makes 4 servings
- 3 whole bulbs garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 (8-ounce) container sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 (1-pound) bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (12-ounce) containers gourmet tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ (16-ounce) box linguini pasta, cooked and drained
- Garnish: fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut off pointed ends of garlic; place garlic on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Fold foil to seal. Bake for 1 hour. Let garlic cool for 30 minutes. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add leek, mushrooms, and roasted garlic; cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add asparagus; cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine; cook until tomatoes are heated through, 1 minute. Serve over hot pasta. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/