Lobster and Shrimp Pasta
Write a review
- 1 (1-pound) box angel hair pasta
- 6 (8- to 10-ounce) lobster tails
- 2 pounds large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside and keep warm.
- Using kitchen shears, cut shell of lobster tails lengthwise on top and underside. Pry open tail segments, and remove meat. Cut lobster into 1½-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine lobster, shrimp, 3 tablespoons olive oil, Italian seasoning, and seasoned salt, tossing to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp and lobster, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned; set aside. To skillet, add wine, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in butter until melted. Add bell pepper and green onion; cook for 2 minutes. Add lobster and shrimp, and cook for 1 minute, until heated through. Serve lobster and shrimp mixture over pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/