Supreme Hash Brown Bake
Make 10 TO 12 Servings
Write a review
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded, and diced (about ¾ cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese, divided
- 6 ounces yellow American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 (20-ounce) bags refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes*
- 1 (16-ounce) package small diced ham
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices (about 1/3 pound) thick-cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- Garnish: chopped green onions, sliced grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch or 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line a platter with a double layer of paper towels. Place tomatoes in a single layer on prepared
- platter. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Allow 30 minutes to drain.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/4 cups Gouda cheese, American cheese, cream cheese, and milk over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until cheese mixture is mostly melted. Whisk until sauce is smooth, and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, soup, onions, sour cream, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese sauce and tomatoes. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup Gouda cheese and bacon.
- Bake until heated through, 45 to 60 minutes. Garnish with green onions and tomatoes, if desired.
- *We used Simply Potatoes.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/