Juicy mango, crisp jicama, and toasted cashews animate a salad served with a flavorful cilantro vinaigrette.
Mango and Jicama Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted, and julienned
- 1 jicama, peeled and julienned
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8.5-ounce) can cashew halves, toasted
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, mango, jicama, onion, and cashews.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Add desired amount of dressing to salad; toss to coat. Store any remaining dressing in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.