Makes 8 servings
- 1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup white polenta
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme, shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium Dutch oven, bring broth, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat. Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, whisking occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in mascarpone, Parmesan, thyme, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Garnish with thyme and Parmesan, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: It is very important to slowly whisk in the polenta to prevent lumps.
Discover delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!