Makes 8 servings
- 1 (32-ounce) carton low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup white polenta
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Garnish: chopped fresh thyme, shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a medium Dutch oven, bring broth, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, and pepper to a boil over high heat. Slowly whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook, whisking occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in mascarpone, Parmesan, thyme, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until smooth. Garnish with thyme and Parmesan, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: It is very important to slowly whisk in the polenta to prevent lumps.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!