These Mini Almond Bundt Cake with Lavender Glaze from the March/April 2018 issue are a delightful treat. See our Spring Soirée feature in the current issue for the entire sumptuous seasonal menu.
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously spray 2 (6-well) miniature Bundt cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- For cakes: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar and eggs at medium speed until well combined and pale yellow. Beat in milk and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Gradually add melted butter, beating until combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks before glazing.
- For glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk, and lavender. Pour about 1 tablespoon glaze over each cake. Store cakes in an airtight container.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!