Squares of cheesecake are drizzled with homemade caramel sauce enhanced by a whisper of sea salt. Arranged on a tray to pass around at a gathering or prettily packaged for neighbors and friends, these bites are just enough to satisfy a sweet tooth.
Mini Cheesecakes with Salted Caramel Sauce
Makes about 24
- 2¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- Salted Caramel Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- To prepare crust: In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter until combined. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; set aside to let cool.
- To prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, cream, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Pour cream cheese mixture over prepared crust.
- Place baking pan in a roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with water halfway up sides of baking pan. Bake until center is set, 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days. Using excess foil as handles, remove cheesecake from pan. Slice into 24 (2-inch) squares. Top with Salted Caramel Sauce.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a small saucepan, melt brown sugar, cream, and butter over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until thickened, 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans, vanilla, and salt. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!