Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes with Citrus Cream Cheese Icing are a special treat.
Mini Citrus Bundt Cakes
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix*
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup canola oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Citrus Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon zest, lime zest, lime curls
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 6-cup mini Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cake mix, egg whites, 1 cup water, oil, and lime juice at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide batter among prepared cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Citrus Cream Cheese Icing. Garnish with lemon and lime zest and lime curls, if desired.
*We used Duncan Hines.
Citrus Cream Cheese Icing
Makes about 4 cups
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup water, or more as needed
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at high speed until creamy. Reduce mixer speed to medium. Add confectioners’ sugar, lime juice, and
- ¼ cup water, beating until combined. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until icing is pourable but thickly coats the back of a spoon.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!