Tangy, refreshing, and topped with plump blackberries, these mini tarts are streamlined with store-bought graham cracker tart shells.
Mini Lime Tarts
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 (6-pack) mini graham cracker crusts*
- Garnish: fresh blackberries, lime zest curls
- *For testing purposes, we used Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Crusts.
- In a medium metal bowl, whisk together egg, egg yolks, sugar, and lime juice. Set bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (bottom of bowl should not touch water). Whisk constantly until an instant-read thermometer registers 180°, approximately 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, whisking until smooth.
- Pour curd evenly into 6 crusts. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of curd, covering completely. Place tarts on a rimmed baking sheet, and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and lime zest curls, if desired.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!