These Mini Pommes Anna (right) are miniature versions of the classic French dish of sliced, layered potatoes cooked in a generous amount of melted butter. Plated with Steak au Poivre (left).
Mini Pommes Anna
Makes 2 servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Brush two muffin cups of a jumbo muffin pan with melted butter.
- To remaining butter in pan, add thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour ½ teaspoon butter mixture into bottoms of prepared muffin cups.
- Combine potatoes and remaining butter mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Divide potato slices between muffin cups, overlapping slices in concentric circles. Using fingertips, lightly compress center of each potato cake. Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture in bottom of pan.
- Cover, and bake until tender, approx-imately 30 minutes. Remove foil; invert onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Increase heat to 425°. Bake until edges are golden brown and crispy, approximately 25 minutes.