Mini S’mores Cups
Makes about 24
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package prescored sugar cookie dough squares
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 1 (24-cup) mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Press cookie dough squares into muffin cups, making a well in the center of each. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack before removing from pan.
- Place chocolate morsels in a medium heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat cream just until bubbles appear at edge of pan (do not simmer). Pour hot cream over chocolate; cover, and let rest for 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon or pipe mixture into cooled cookie cups, and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla. With mixer running, add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a medium round tip and pipe onto ganache-filled cookie cups. Using a handheld kitchen torch, carefully brown meringue. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!