Mini Zucchini-Herb Quiches
Makes 12 servings
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup zucchini thinly sliced into half-moons
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil, oregano, chives, flaked sea salt, ground black pepper
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 12 circles, rerolling scraps as needed. Place into cups of a 12-cup muffin pan, pressing into bottom and up sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, basil, oregano, chives, kosher salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir in ¼ cup cheese. Divide among muffin cups. Top with zucchini slices, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil, oregano, chives, sea salt, and pepper, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!