Write a review
- Makes about 1 quart
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, sugar and 1 cup mint leaves. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is completely dissolved, 10 minutes; strain and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine syrup and remaining ingredients. Place mixture in ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, until firm; store in freezer.
- To serve, spoon sorbet into bowl or glass, and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/