Top our robust Mixed-Tomato Gazpacho with crispy croutons sprinkled with red pepper.
MAKES 6 TO 8 SERVINGS
- 1 (48-ounce) bottle low-sodium 100% vegetable juice
- 4 cups chopped red ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped yellow tomatoes
- 1 pint multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Spicy Croutons (recipe follows)
- Garnish: halved multicolored cherry tomatoes, fresh herb leaves, olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable juice, tomatoes, broth, cucumber, bell pepper, celery, onion, lime juice, dill, basil, oregano, salt, hot sauce, and oil. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight. (Mixture may also be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days.) Serve chilled with Spicy Croutons. Garnish with tomatoes, herbs, and oil, if desired.
MAKES 2 CUPS
- 2 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 ̊. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place bread on prepared baking sheet. Toss bread with olive oil and red pepper.
- Bake until bread is toasted, stirring once, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!