Serve family and friends a savory turkey seasoned with a tasty molasses glaze this Thanksgiving. Complete the meal with a sweet dessert, like our Pumpkin Caramel Tart.
Molasses Glazed Turkey Breast
Write a review
- 1 (6-pound) turkey breast, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Port wine
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub surface of turkey breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place, breast side up, on rack in roasting pan. Cook for 2 to 2 1⁄2 hours or until breast registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, wine, molasses, teriyaki sauce, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer (low to medium-low), and cook until slightly thickened, about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
- Baste turkey with glaze during last 30 minutes of roasting. Remove pan from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/