Serve family and friends a savory turkey seasoned with a tasty molasses glaze this Thanksgiving. Complete the meal with a sweet dessert, like our Pumpkin Caramel Tart.
- 1 (6-pound) turkey breast, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup Port wine
- 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub surface of turkey breast with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place, breast side up, on rack in roasting pan. Cook for 2 to 2 1⁄2 hours or until breast registers 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, wine, molasses, teriyaki sauce, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer (low to medium-low), and cook until slightly thickened, about 12 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Glaze should coat the back of a spoon.
- Baste turkey with glaze during last 30 minutes of roasting. Remove pan from oven, and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!