Bursting with seasonal flavor, these Molasses Walnut Tarts are the perfect fall dessert.
Molasses Walnut Tarts
Makes 12 servings
- ½ (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, unroll crusts. With a 4-inch round cutter, cut circles from pie crusts. Line 12 (3½-inch) removable-bottom tart pans with crust; prick bottoms of crusts with a fork. Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, molasses, and corn syrup. Whisk in melted butter and eggs until well combined. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in walnuts. Evenly divide filling between prepared crusts. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned and center is set.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!