Open a bottle of your favorite prosecco to create delightful fruit and herb-infused Nectarine-Basil Bellinis.
Makes 8 servings
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cups 1-inch-thick sliced fresh unpeeled nectarines
- 8 teaspoons grenadine
- 1 (750-ml) bottle prosecco, chilled
- Garnish: fresh unpeeled nectarine slices
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, basil, and ¼ cup water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; let steep for 30 minutes. Strain basil syrup through a fine-mesh sieve placed over a small bowl; discard solids.
- In the container of a blender, combine nectarines and 2 tablespoons basil syrup; blend until smooth. Strain nectarine mixture through a fine-mesh sieve placed over a medium bowl; discard solids.
- Divide grenadine among 8 Champagne flutes; divide strained nectarine mixture among glasses. Top with prosecco; stir until well combined. Garnish with nectarines, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!