An update on a classic dish, this Niçoise-Style Salmon Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette brims with deviled eggs, baby potatoes, olives, onions, and hericots verts.
- ¾ pound baby yellow potatoes, halved
- ½ pound haricots verts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and sliced about 1 inch thick
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed torn green leaf lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata or Niçoise olives, halved
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large saucepan, place potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 8 minutes, adding haricots verts during last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Cook until medium, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet. Let cool for 20 minutes. Break into large chunks.
- On a large platter, arrange lettuce, potatoes, haricots verts, salmon, eggs, and onion. Sprinkle with olives and basil. Serve with Red Wine Vinaigrette.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!