An update on a classic dish, this Niçoise-Style Salmon Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette brims with deviled eggs, baby potatoes, olives, onions, and hericots verts.
Niçoise-Style Salmon Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ¾ pound baby yellow potatoes, halved
- ½ pound haricots verts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and sliced about 1 inch thick
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed torn green leaf lettuce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata or Niçoise olives, halved
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large saucepan, place potatoes and water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 8 minutes, adding haricots verts during last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Cook until medium, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from skillet. Let cool for 20 minutes. Break into large chunks.
- On a large platter, arrange lettuce, potatoes, haricots verts, salmon, eggs, and onion. Sprinkle with olives and basil. Serve with Red Wine Vinaigrette.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Use immediately.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!