You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more jovial offering than these beautiful Orange Roasted Beets with a smidgen of honey. Be sure to use fresh beets, as their ruby red color with a dash of orange peel and fresh thyme will enhance the vitality of any table décor.
Orange Roasted Beets
Makes 8 servings
- 2 bunches beets (about 3 pounds), scrubbed clean and tops removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh orange peel, fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Rub beets with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Place in prepared pan, and cover with foil.
- Bake until a fork inserted in beets goes through smoothly, 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let stand until cool enough to touch. Remove outer skins, and cut beets into wedges.
- In a small bowl, stir together orange juice, honey, thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper until combined.
- Gently toss beets with orange juice mixture. Garnish with orange and thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!